Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 December 2010 15:02
Inter-Link Cornwall members benefit from a free community resource aimed at Community Groups and Voluntary Organisations. Inter-Link Cornwall provides the following:
• Locality Meetings: Meetings which provide members with the opportunity of finding out about the work of other local organisation, the latest information on funding programmes and training available to your group. These meetings are informal and enable your group to network, share information and best practice.
• Magazine: A free magazine is sent to all Inter-Link members three times a year and offers space where members can publicise their organisation's work and events, advertise for volunteers and space for hire, receive up to date information on funding, training and new projects
• E-newsletters: Distributed to members monthly advertising events training, other projects, vacancies and funding opportunities.
• Website: Dedicated to voluntary and community organisations and containing various information which might be useful to your group
• Support for members: We want Inter-Link members to get the most out of being part of the network. We will support Inter-Link members in anyway we can whether it's linking them to similar projects, helping them to strengthen their committee, finding and applying for funding or developing their project ideas.
• Inter-Link Cornwall Membership Database: A membership database of approximately 4000 groups operating throughout Cornwall. By being part of this you can identify what the needs of your group are, find out about other projects and groups and also ensure that you are kept up to date with relevant news.
• Free Training: By becoming a member you are able to highlight your training needs which enables us to understand and in turn arrange or signpost your group to training courses. For example, you may be new to committee skills or may know about the general idea, but want to get to grips with its structure. You may want to use I.T. more effectively in your group to keep up to date records of your members or you may want to produce a newsletter informing people of what you are doing - Inter-Link is here to help.
• Talks, Informal Meetings and mentoring: We are very keen to meet with you or your group and find out about the work that you are doing and any of your group’s interests. We are also happy to come and talk about what we do and answer any questions you may have.
• Inter-Link Cornwall Officers are here to encourage and mentor to support the growth and build the capacity of your group.
• Funding: We can also give advice on local and national grants to our Inter-Link members. We have a great network and good contacts to make sure that you get all the information you need and can link you with Funding Officers operating throughout Cornwall.
• Questionnaires and surveys: Have a voice and opportunity to influence services, policy and procedures in the county and beyond by responding to short questionnaires and surveys.